Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mediterranean shrimp skillet



I have no idea where I got this recipe but it's one of my favorites.  I'm really not sure why I don't make it more often because it only takes about 20 minutes to make.

8 ounces angle hair pasta
1 1/2 pounds cooked shrimp
3 minced garlic cloves
1/4th teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh minced basil
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 cups chopped spinach

feta or parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top (optional)

Start your pasta cooking and meanwhile put the garlic, salt, pepper, 1 cup broth, lemon juice and basil in a skillet and start heating it up.  In a small bowl whisk up the cornstarch and 1/2 cup broth til smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes or til thickened.  Add the shrimp and cook 2 minutes more.  Stir in spinach and cook til the spinach is wilted.  Drain pasta.

Serve shrimpy mixture over pasta.  Top with parmesan or feta cheese for extra yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...