Saturday, February 23, 2013

Snow ice cream

It snowed last night.  It doesn't snow as much here as it does in Utah.  It snows just enough to make the crazy Colorado drivers even more crazy and not enough to play in.  Which really is a waste.  I mean if it's going to snow then lets go sledding and make snowmen.

I watched the neighbors shovel their sidewalks and driveways and pondered the strangeness of this new state I live in.  In Utah it has to snow at least 8 inches before anyone even thinks of picking up a snow shovel.

By 11am ''the big snow storm'' had melted away and I did not have to shovel at all.  Whoopee for me!  I did manage to scoop up one bowl of snow for today's project.

This is not the way I made snow ice cream when I was a kid, but I've heard of it a lot, so I wanted to try it.  Since it snowed last night, today was the perfect day to give it a go.
First I whisked up a can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 tablespoon of vanilla.


Then I got a bowl of clean snow.


Then I poured some of the sweetened milk mixture over the snow.  
Then we mixed it up good, and sampled it.  
It was absolutely disgusting and terrible did not appeal to me.
It was like eating cold sweetened condensed milk.  Nothing like ice cream, and yes I used a lot of snow!  I really can't see why so many people make it like this. Or maybe I'm the weird one, hmm...

Then I made snow ice cream the regular way.  Snow with vanilla dribbled over it and dusted with sugar.  And you know what? It was pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...