Monday, October 15, 2012

Who Am I?

Good freakin question just who am I?  I'm a stay-at-home mother of two, Harlee is 4 and Cheyenne is 20 months.  Zoo keeper might be a better description.  My daughters run through this house like  rampaging rhinos.  But I'm getting off topic.  I'm just your average redneck soccer mom, I'm a weird combination of a 'doer' and a procrastinator.  I'm always busy cooking, cleaning, crafting, sewing,  hunting, fishing, or playing with the girls.  And when I have a tiny bit of time to myself I jump on pinterest and come up with zillions more things to make and do...like start a blog so I can write my heart out.

So who am I? Most people define who they are by their profession.  Most people do not find 'stay-at-home mother' to be a lucrative or desirable position, or one that takes much skill.  But it is who I am and it's what I love.  Along the way I hope to discover what I will be when my children don't need me to kiss their boo boos anymore. What a sad day that will be I love these girls to pieces.  As for now after I tuck them in bed and sign them lullabies each night I will ponder the possibilities, writer? dental hygienist? go back to nursing school? There is too many choices. For the present however, I'm thankful my calling is bed time stories and not something that takes me away from these precious faces.  I am a family woman, and I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...