Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cleaning products as painting tools part 1 of 2


I love it when things turn out better than you thought it would. I love it even more when that project that turned out better than you thought it would, also was easier than you thought it would be.

Before we moved to North Dakota, I asked Cheyenne what color she wanted her room to be. "Purple'' and she waves her little finger at me with a stern look, "not yellow." Which is funny because her room in our Colorado rental house was yellow, she didn't show any indications that it bothered her in the slightest.  But I guess it was terrible.

Every time I have painted something in the past I have painted just plain colors and I wanted to spice it up this time, but I was a bit nervous.  Especially since if it turned out horrible, I knew I would be the one painting over it. I. Do. Not. Like. To. Paint.

Somehow I end up doing it a lot though.

We let Cheyenne help pick the paint, and she picked out a very dark purple. Can you imagine a whole room in that dark of a purple? Ugh.  Thankfully, she was agreeable to it being an accent color.

I wanted a nice stiff brush, I'm not sure why, but I did.

Nice stiff brushes are not found in the painting aisle. And hey, wouldn't ya know it, brushes are cheaper in the cleaning aisle anyways.

I got the stiffest brush I could find, again I'm not sure why, but that's what I wanted and I get what I want...at least when it comes to cleaning tools. Oh please, oh please, can I get my way somewhere else sometime...like at Cabela's?

After finally getting her room painted light purple, I nervously dipped my brush in the dark purple and gave it a try.  Not to bad I thought, so I kept going.

10 minutes later I stepped back and decided that adding more would only ruin the effect.

10 minutes!!!

Let me say that one more time. It only took me 10 minutes to texturize that wall.

I asked Cheyenne how she liked it "I LOVE it, it's not yellow." Yup the yellow bedroom was an epic failure.  She still likes showing off her purple room, best 10 minutes ever spent painting!



And if you are smarter than I you won't clean out the brush so well after your done painting.  I'm sure I'll be forced to clean something with it now.



If you liked this post then please consider subscribing to my blog for more posts you will love, or leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...