Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A busy life

I know, I have been MIA...again.  But life is happening here.  We just moved to North Dakota and so far we LOVE it here! We have a nice house, a few acres, we live in a smaller community and best of all daddy gets to come home every night.  Which makes for happier children.

When I go outside in the evenings I can hear the coyotes in the distance, a luxury I haven't had since I left home.

If moving wasn't enough we have changed homeschool curriculums.  The one we had just wasn't working for us.  It was way to easy for Harlee.  She was board and it consisted of nothing but workbooks. Blah.  We got our new materials in the mail today and we are excited! Lots of books to read and science projects!  Only a couple of workbooks, can't quite get away from those.

Harlee is in 1st grade math! She really has a gift for math. Our old curriculum had a worksheet that said 'circle 7 cats' and there was a picture with 9 cats.  Harlee said "If I circle 7 cats then there will be 2 not circled because 9-2=7, so there is a surplus of 2 cats in this picture, and Mom why do I have to circle 7 cats you know I can count to 100."

Needless to say it was hard to get her to concentrate on something she didn't feel the need to do.  And frankly she didn't need to do it. So we changed. And now we are happier.

As if moving, unpacking, a new house with land to take care of, homeschool and my kids didn't keep my busy enough.  We decided to get a pet. Cause ya know, I need something else to do.


If you liked this post then please consider subscribing to my blog for more posts you will love, or leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...