Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bead ornament


Harlee made these whale ornaments as a Christmas present this year.  I seen the idea on pinterest but the instructions where in dutch and there was quite a bit that was lost in the translation so I made it up mostly by looking at the pictures.  First we picked out a couple of cookie cutters, set them on parchment paper and Harlee very meticulously added the beads.  Then I poured oil in the cookie cutters.  Then I baked it in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  You could bake it for a less time to keep it looking more like beads or bake it longer to make it more smooth. As soon as they where cool enough to touch we popped em out.  I drilled a small hole in the big one for the tree hanger but the little one had a small hole in it from the beads not spreading out 100%.  This was a fun thing for Harlee to make and with millions of cookie cutters and bead colors out there I'm seeing a lot more melted bead ornaments in our future.                                     








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...