Thursday, November 21, 2013

How a leader is born

I kind of fell into this job by default.  When I signed Harlee up for girl scouts I was told they needed more parent volunteers.  I happily signed up for that job.  I like being involved in her life.  And I couldn't imagine just dropping her off at Girl Scouts and picking her up later without knowing if her leader are legit or not.

Then it turned into Harlee's troop needed a co-leader or there would be no troop.  Her troop is new and just getting started even though it's a tab bit late in the year.

I was the only parent volenteer for her troop.

And that my friends in how a (co)leader is born.

I have a vision of myself being leader next year (also not a position I'm going to fight for).  The leaders daughter will be a brownie next year leaving her with no reason to be a daisy leader.  And that will leave me.

A mom has got to do what a mom has got to do.







If you liked this post then please consider subscribing to my blog for more posts you will love, or leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. The work of scouts is really very appreciable, so this is a good step.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...