Monday, June 24, 2013

Homemade parsley toner

My oh my, I have been busy lately.  Went back home to Utah for my best friend's wedding over the weekend and now we are on our way to North Dakota to see about moving up there.  Plus, I'm trying to get ready for Harlee's birthday, and there is way to many cool ideas for a rainbow party and as usual I have decided to do a ton of crafty-take-up-lots-of-time projects.  I guess busy is a way of life right?

I love toner. My favorite kind is $12 a bottle and I use about a bottle a month.  My toner consumption might be just a bit above national average but, when I say I love something, I mean I LOVE it.

There are more than a few benefits of parsley for your skin.  My face was almost completely free of breakouts while I used this parsley toner and my face felt clean and refreshed after use.  And it really couldn't be any easier to make!

Simmer 1/2 cup parsley in 1 1/2 cups filtered water for 5 minutes. Let the parsley soak in the water til cool and strain.  I put some of mine in a little bottle to take to the bathroom and some in a plastic container and froze it.  My toner lasted about a week and a half before turning sour.  Then I just unfroze a bit more.  I'm sure you could keep it much longer in the fridge but I'm way to much of a lazybones time saver to walk to the fridge every time I wanna use it.

I would like to try out a few other recipes for homemade toner but I think the parsley toner is going to be hard to beat!



If you liked this post then please consider subscribing to my blog for more posts you will love, or leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...