Saturday, March 16, 2013

trash to fabulous - coffee grounds as body scrub

Who doesn't love free stuff? I certainly do.  I am a house wife after all.  Saving money IS my job.  I like to think of the money I save as my income.  If I manage to save our family $100 a month, then my income is $1200 a year.

Since I could buy this Lamborghini and I haven't, I think we can safely say my income is well over $387,000 and that's just for this year so far, and it's only March.  Am I the best ever housewifey or what!

I super love exfoliating my skin.  Dead skin just isn't my style. Body scrubs run between $5 and $60.  I'm not sure who spends $60 on a few ounces of body scrub but that isn't my style either.  And who really knows what is in a body scrub?  I have a jar that was gifted to me and tried to look but it didn't even have a label on it.  It could have cyanide in it for all I know.  Cyanide in my body does not appeal to me (as Harlee would say).

Looking at this makes me wanna hop in the shower!
There is about 6 million different homemade sugar scrub recipes that have non toxic ingredients, BUT you have to buy those things to make it.

Perfect solution.  Used coffee grounds.   It's free, it works great, it feels amazing.  Plus there is a ton of extra benefits to using coffee.  It's moisturizing and not greasy.  It's supposed to reduce cellulite, age spots, wrinkles, stretch marks and other uglies due to the caffeine and stuffy stuff in it.  I have no idea if that's true or not, but it feels nice, and did I mention it's free?

I was going to post a picture of what it looks like when your using it.  I even took pictures.  But the other day we went to a mechanics shop to pick up some paperwork and Cheyenne saw the picture of the naked calendar lady (despite my best attempts to stand in the way) and screams "that you that you that you mommy naked".

So I thought it would be a good idea to not post pictures of me naked on the internet.  It was just my leg but still.  I am NOT a naked model!

Also, my legs are ghostly white and no one wants to see that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...