Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pickle ornament

Ahhh Christmas.  How I love thee.

I love decorating and eating and giving presents(especially homemade Christmas gifts!)   Christmas is seeped with traditions.  My favorite tradition AND my favorite Christmas ornament is a pickle.

When I was a kid my mom would hide the pickle on our tree and my brother and I would spend hours searching for it.  Whoever found the pickle got the pickle present. 

This year my mom hid the pickle for my kids (twice since they are so young) and then again for my brother and me and our spouses...we are still kids at heart.  I have been looking for the pickle for so long it would be weird to not!!

This year my mom bought a mini pickle.  My brother and I were searching away for the 'regular' pickle. We had no chance, thanks Mom!

No matter who finds the pickle it's always fun.  I hope my kids love the looking for the pickle as much as I have.



Harlee and Cheyenne pickle searching.
Harlee with her pickle find.

Cheyenner Nanners so happy she found the pickle. 



These next two pictures are from last year's pickle hunt but I love them so.  It was the first year Harlee got really into it. 







Here is the mini pickle it's about 1.5 inches long.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...